Skip to main content

Day Thirty-Five – The Love Dare: One Wife’s Journey


Back in October 2008...The scripture verse that touched me in particular today is –

Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed. Proverbs 15:22

Love is accountable…

I am so glad I had my Grandparents as marriage role models. And I’m glad to have my Aunt as a wife mentor. I would like to have solid “couple” friends who live for Christ, though. But I must admit that I’m just as happy to be accountable to God in this area.

That was then, this is now…

Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed. Proverbs 15:22

It is important to be accountable for your actions. We don’t know everything, but we know Someone Who does! And that Someone can bring others into your life to provide advice and counsel.

My first and foremost accountability partner has been Jesus ever since I gave my life to Him! After Him, there are various individuals who hold me accountable in different areas. I know a woman who has had similar issues with her husband as I’ve had with mine, and her advice has helped me – not to change my behavior because I was already taking the steps she suggested – but rather to know I wasn’t alone in struggling with such a thing. It is important that our accountability partners are not gossips, so choose wisely. It is important that they possess a level of maturity or god-given understanding or they will not give wise and godly counsel. These people are difficult to find. When you do find one, don’t stifle them, but don’t let them go, either.

Lord, thank You for my accountability partners. Thank You especially for my husband who knows me better than anyone but You, and loves me enough to confront me when I’m not doing what I’ve promised. I pray that You will bring additional people into our lives who will hold us to our promises to You and each other. And I pray that any individuals we currently know but keep at a distance because of the venom they spout would be touched by Your Holy Spirit and sweetened from the inside out. Restore those broken relationships and make them positive influences for us and us for them. In Christ’s name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book of Revelation by Chuck Missler – Hour 21 – Revelation 17-18

Two chapters on Mystery, Babylon.   She is the great whore.   She rides the beast.   She is the mother of harlots.   She is clothed in purple, scarlet and gold.   She reigns over kings of the earth.   She is caressed by the world.   She is sustained by the dragon (Satan). Chuck reminds us that the church of Thyatira is promised to go through the tribulation.   This is how.   If you recall the earlier lessons, the church of Thyatira was called the Medieval Church. Mystery, Babylon isn’t the beast, but she rides the beast.   There are ten clues in chapter 17 regarding her identity:   she’s a prostitute; she has universal influence all over the world; she is seated upon the beast; she is expensively adorned and outwardly attractive; she’s a utensil in God’s service but a counterfeit; she’s a mystery linked with the Babylon of Nimrod; she’s the mother of prostitutes who has spiritual offspring; she’s a persecutor of Christians...

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a...

Armor of God – Week Two – The Belt of Truth

Video #2 taught me this: ·          My enemy wants me to lean on my own understanding ·          My enemy wants me to trust my feelings ·          The devil disguises himself (2 Cor 11:14) ·          Satan’s attacks are deception; he is a master illusionist but his suggestions can never stand up to God’s Word ·          Just like the TSA runs an ID under a light to determine authenticity, we must run those things we want to authenticate under THE LIGHT (God’s Word) ! ·          "Discernment is not a matter of simply telling the difference between right and wrong; rather, it is telling the difference between right and almost right." ~ Charles Spurgeon ·          The Bible is the unchanging ...