Skip to main content

Fatal Judgment by Irene Hannon


"Extraordinary writing . . . a not-to-be-missed reading experience."--RT Book Reviews on Against All Odds (4 1/2 stars, Top Pick)

U.S. Marshal Jake Taylor has seen plenty of action during his years in law enforcement. But he'd rather go back to Iraq than face his next assignment: protection detail for federal judge Liz Michaels. His feelings toward the coldhearted workaholic haven't warmed in the five years since she drove her husband--and Jake's best friend--to despair . . . and possible suicide.

As the danger mounts and Jake gets to know Liz better, he's forced to revise his opinion of her. And when it becomes clear that an unknown enemy may want her dead, the stakes are raised. Because now both her life--and his heart--are in danger.

Full of suspense and romance, Fatal Judgment is a thrilling story that will keep you turning the pages late into the night.

Endorsements
Praise for the books of Irene Hannon
"Fast-paced crime drama with an aside of romance . . . [and] an ever-climactic mystery. Hannon's tale is engagingly sure-footed."--Publishers Weekly

"Hannon is a master at character development."--Library Journal

"Superbly written."--Booklist


Here is my review of this fantastic suspense novel:

First of all, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to Irene Hannon and her publisher for sending me a copy of "Fatal Judgment" to review for them. I am truly grateful for this generosity. I really appreciate the time, effort and expense it takes to make a reviewer copy available to me.

Irene Hannon has proven herself over and over again to be a masterful storyteller. Her latest novel, “Fatal Judgment”, maintains the elevated standard that I have come to associate with this incredible author’s name. The first book in the Guardians of Justice Series begins with a U.S. Marshal being assigned to protective detail of a Federal Judge.

Jake Taylor has had a long day, and it’s about to get longer. An attempted murder has taken place, leaving the sister of Federal Judge Elizabeth Michaels in surgery and fighting for her life. Jake’s job is to protect the judge. But can he do that when he blames her for the death of his best friend? Liz never thought she would lay eyes on Jake Taylor again. But his eyes hold the same contempt that they did five years ago at her husband’s funeral. Why does Jake hate her so? And can she trust him to protect her from a domestic criminal?

This masterfully plotted suspense novel is a high octane roller coaster ride from cover to cover. The characters move with anticipation as the story unfolds on the page. Irene Hannon entertains the reader by igniting a sense of expectation and hope. The characters and story are so well-written that they will restore faith in the reader that second chances at love and in life do exist.

Comments

Irene Hannon said…
Stacey: Thank you for your kind words and fabulous review of my latest book. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And do watch for Alison's story, coming in September--Deadly Pursuit.

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen