Skip to main content

Homiletics: Revelation 10-11


Contents (not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture): 

1
10:1
Saw anothr mity A cming frm hvn robd in cloud-rainbw abov hd-face lk sun-legs firy pillars
2
10:2-3
He hold lil scroll, open, rt ft on sea, lt ft on land, loud shout lk lion’s roar, 7 thunders spoke
3
10:4
When 7 thund spk I abt to write, but voice frm hvn: seal up what thund said, do not write
4
10:5-7
A rt hnd to hvn, swore by Hm Who lives 4evr: no mo delay 7th A abt 2 snd, myst o G accmp
5
10:8-9
Voce frm hvn: take scroll, I ask A give me, he: take, eat; it turn stom sour but swt in mouth
6
10:10-11
I ate scroll, swt in mouth stom trn sour;  I told: you proph abt mny ppls, natns, langs, kings
7
11:1-2
I gvn reed, told: meas tmpl /altr/ct wrshprs, excl outr ct, Gents trampl hly city 42 mos
8
11:3-4
I gv pwr my 2 witns, prph 1260d, in sckclth, these the 2 oliv trees/2 lmpstds b4 L of earth
9
11:5
If anyone tries harm them, fire come out mouths/devours enemies
10
11:6
These hv pwr shut sky/not rain, pwr trn wtr 2 blud, strk earth w/evry plague often as want
11
11:7-8
Whn fin tstmny, bst frm Abys attck/ovpwr/kill; bods n st cty (Sodom/Egypt) where L crux
12
11:9
3 ½ d men frm evry ppl/tribe/lang/nat gaze on bods, refuse burial
13
11:10
Inhab of earth gloat ovr them, celebrate by send gifts bec proph torment those on earth
14
11:11
After 3  ½ d breath o life frm G enter them, they stood, terror struck those who saw
15
11:12
They heard loud voce frm hvn: come up & they went to hvn on cloud while enemies lookd
16
11:13
@ very hr severe eaquake, 1/10 city collapsed, 7000 killed, surv terrified, give glory to G
17
11:14
2nd woe past, 3rd coming soon
18
11:15
7th A snd trump, loud voce frm hvn: kingdm of wrld has becm koL and Christ He reign 4evr
19
11:16-17
24 eld fell face/wrship G: we gv thx L G Almty who is/was bec u takn grt pwr & beg 2 reign
20
11:18
Nat angry, time judg ded/reward srvnts; Gs tmpl in hvn opend-ark/ltnng/thndr/eaquk/hail

 


Divisions (run-on sentence OK, direct verbiage from Scripture):

1
10:1-11
Another Mighty Angel and the Little Scroll
Principle:
God’s Word is sweet at first, but sometimes sours in our bellies as we experience disappointment to apply it.
2
11:1-14
The Two Witnesses
Principle:
God empowers those He calls to accomplish His mission.
3
11:15-18
The 7th Trumpet
Principle:
All events of history are preparing mankind and the earth for Christ’s reign.

 

Subject Sentence (10-word sentence with proper structure):

John sees a scroll, two witnesses and the seventh trumpet.
Mighty Angel announces seventh trumpet, coming after two witnesses prophesy.

 

Aim:

TCMATK the time is now to place faith in Jesus, follow Him and bring others to Christ in order to avoid this coming judgment.

 

Application:

1
Describe a time when you have experienced the sweetness of God that turned sour in your belly.  (When I became saved His Word and the Gospel were sweet and I wanted to share them with others.  The sourness came with rejection that led me to feel like I didn’t need to share and I lost the enthusiasm to do so.  I’m praying for opportunities to share with others, now.)
2
What task is God calling you to perform on mission for Him and how is He empowering you to accomplish His will?  (SS Teacher – I spend time with Him to prepare before class and experience His HS giving me ideas both while I’m preparing and during class.  BSF GL – I meet with Him over my homiletics and my lesson, I pray for my Group Members and the Leadership Team.  He unearths treasure from His Word and the comments of other people and gives me beautiful glimpses of Him throughout each meeting.)
3
What are you doing to prepare for the coming reign of Jesus Christ?  (I’m developing my relationship with Him, falling more crazy head-over-heels in love with Him, spending time with Him, learning from Him…)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen