Skip to main content

Enough Already by Barbara L. Roose

Enough Already 

by Barbara L. Roose         
Christian Living/Women
Abingdon Press 


Nearly every woman struggles with issues regarding her size, shape or style and those struggles eventually have an impact on her soul. Enough Already: Winning Your Ugly Struggle with Beauty offers biblical perspective and practical tips on how women can see the goodness, blessing, and purpose in every area of their bodies as well as embrace a powerful truth: That we are beautiful because God created us.
Most women know that God loves them, but might he love them more if they finally lost that last ten pounds, or got their hair to lay right, or finally found a pair of jeans that looked good and let them breathe? Well, maybe God doesn't care about jeans, but women do, and all the talk about inner beauty hasn't kept all of us from staring into a mirror and taking an inventory that never quite measures up. Enough Already will:
  • Elevate the soul-freeing, spiritual truth that God is the Creator of beauty and that women are called to appreciate and care for themselves as his own.
  • Enable women to accept God-given beauty so that when they look in the mirror they see his handiwork, not their flaws.
  • Equip women to win the ugly struggle with beauty once and for all.
 

 Meet the Author
Barbara L. Roose is the Directional Leader of Spiritual Formation at CedarCreek Church in Perrysburg, Ohio. Additionally, she serves on the executive and weekend teaching teams. She is passionate about communicating the Bible in a way that is easy and relevant for people to apply to their lives.  A frequent women's conference speaker, Barbara loves to inspire and encourage women to pursue God and connect with each other. She lives in Toledo, Ohio, with her husband and three beautiful daughters.

Find Barbara online
: website, Facebook, Twitter 


Here's my review of this wonderfully encouraging book:


First, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to Barbara Roose and her publisher for sending me a copy of "Enough Already" to review for them. I am truly grateful for this generosity. I really appreciate the time, effort and expense it takes to make a reviewer copy available to me.
Enough Already” by Barb Roose is 20 chapters of wisdom, Scripture and helpful discussion questions to be used in a group or for personal reflection.  There are also journaling activities that can help you put your thoughts and feelings into some kind of order and perhaps dispel lies that you believe about who you are.

Within these pages, I met a friend who shares many of my life experiences.  It’s nice to know I’m not alone in this battle.  It’s nice to be reminded that I am beautifully made AND I am beautiful!  It was nice to see women in the Bible and their strengths and know that I am created by the same God Who loves me just as well.
This book made me laugh and cry and see myself and my God in a new light.  This is a book I will recommend and it will become a gift I give to all the gals in my life.

Comments

Barbara Roose said…
Hi Stacy, thank you so much for taking the time to check out Enough Already and post your feedback for your audience. Most of all, I love that God used the content of the book to bless and encourage you. That's awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen