Skip to main content

When Wallflowers Dance by Angela Thomas – Week 5


Welcome to Week Five of Angela Thomas’ “When Wallflowers Dance:  Becoming a Woman of Righteous Confidence”.

This week’s video, “Not Your Turn Yet” taught us to respond like Jehoshaphat in 2 Chronicles 20:12.  Angela told us six things God asks us to do while we are waiting for “our turn”:  first, stay with the Lord (John 15:1-11); second, entrust to Him whatever you deem valuable;  third, trust Him to keep those valuables safe while you wait;  fourth, become the woman who is ready to be called up; fifth, become and remain women of prayer;  sixth, stand (Ephesians 6:13, Isaiah 61:3).  And when God says it’s your turn, run to Him!

This week’s homework, “Until It’s Your Turn” gave us the opportunity to examine what we’re waiting for and what we’re doing while we wait.  It led me to pray that God would teach me to be patient as I wait on Him to bring the life within me to maturity.

One of the things I’m waiting for is Christ’s return.  He is coming back for me.  It’s exciting.  I am eagerly waiting for Him, expectantly waiting.  But I will wait.  First and foremost, because I have no choice.  Secondly, because I trust that His timing is perfect.

Abiding in Christ while we wait is a good thing.  It’s not passive.  It’s active relationship development.  It’s building that trust in Him.  And He is certainly trustworthy.  So, how are you actively waiting?  Are you learning how to pray and developing that skill?  Are you worshiping God?  Are you reading, studying, memorizing and meditating on Scripture?  Are you serving Him wherever He has you right now?

This week’s “Girlfriend Nudges” included a challenge to extend your prayer time to 30 minutes for 3 consecutive days.  The second nudge was to find a woman who is “becoming” in a way you want to “become” and take her for coffee to learn about how she’s getting where she is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen