Skip to main content

The Truth Project - Lesson Five – Science: What Is True?

These lessons simply get better and better as this Biblical worldview course progresses! The key lesson that I gleaned from this week’s teaching is not to be afraid to look into a microscope because the evidence supports the truth of God. Hallelujah! I never really thought about it, before, but that’s the way it would have to be if God is really real. Right?

The heavens declare the glory of God! Jeremiah 33:22 mentions the countless nature of the stars in the sky. In 128 BC, Hipparchus proclaimed that the stars numbered 1026 – he counted them! In 1600 AD, Kepler claimed there were only 1005 stars. WOW! In 2003 AD, the count came to 70 sextillion stars, including over 1 billion galaxies! That’s more like it. This is apparently more than the grains of sand in every desert and beach on earth, but I have no idea who counted those grains…

God’s handiwork is plain to see. Romans 1:20 says, “For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.” Memorize this.

In this lesson, we examined the question: Where did the cosmos come from? There are only two possible answers: either the cosmos had a beginning or they have always existed. According to the second law of thermodynamics, energy winds down and runs out. So if the cosmos have always existed, they should be dead already. If the cosmos had a beginning, where did the matter that makes it up come from?
What we encounter in this lesson is man’s tendency to look inside the box, see the work of God and attempt to deny it. Frightening. We do this through hypothesis which is an early assumption based on limited evidence which is used as a starting point for investigation. If further study confirms the hypothesis, it becomes a theory which begins to make predictions based on these confirmed assumptions. When the data always matches the theory, it becomes a law which is a statement of scientific fact.

Biological evidence leans toward intelligent design. Evidence of intelligent design is plain to us. So why do we turn away from it? Why did Darwin say that the sight of the eye in peacock feathers made him sick? It is evidence of design. We are in the midst of a spiritual war that is being fought partially through science. How will you combat this enemy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen