Skip to main content

REVIEW: Rose House by Tina Ann Forkner

Here is my review of this beautiful book:

First of all, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to Tina Ann Forkner and her publisher for sending me a copy of "Rose House" to review for them. I have always been grateful for this generosity, and I am trying to improve at being consistent in taking the time to thank these wonderfully giving individuals in a public forum. I really appreciate your time, effort and expense in making a reviewer copy available to me.

Tina Ann Forkner’s “Rose House” is like a Monet painting. The author paints a portrait of beautiful, watery color, muted and slightly out of focus in the beginning that grows clearer and bolder as the story develops, mysteries are solved and secrets are revealed. Lillian Diamon lost everything when she lost her husband and children in an accident. She returns to Rose House, a place with a tragic beginning, where she grieved years earlier only to find clues to her past, the truth of the accident that stole her family from her, and hope for healing in her future.

This is a beautifully written, suspenseful novel of hope, healing and love. I was amazed at how subtly I was drawn into the story and how gripped I was by this tragic and hope-filled tale.

Comments

Carmen said…
Your statement, "Tina Ann Forkner’s “Rose House” is like a Monet painting" says what I've been trying to say. That along with the love story and mystery wrap it up for me.
Tina said…
I'm so glad you enjoyed Rose House. :-) Thank you so much.

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a...

Armor of God – Week Two – The Belt of Truth

Video #2 taught me this: ·          My enemy wants me to lean on my own understanding ·          My enemy wants me to trust my feelings ·          The devil disguises himself (2 Cor 11:14) ·          Satan’s attacks are deception; he is a master illusionist but his suggestions can never stand up to God’s Word ·          Just like the TSA runs an ID under a light to determine authenticity, we must run those things we want to authenticate under THE LIGHT (God’s Word) ! ·          "Discernment is not a matter of simply telling the difference between right and wrong; rather, it is telling the difference between right and almost right." ~ Charles Spurgeon ·          The Bible is the unchanging ...

The Book of Revelation by Chuck Missler – Hour 21 – Revelation 17-18

Two chapters on Mystery, Babylon.   She is the great whore.   She rides the beast.   She is the mother of harlots.   She is clothed in purple, scarlet and gold.   She reigns over kings of the earth.   She is caressed by the world.   She is sustained by the dragon (Satan). Chuck reminds us that the church of Thyatira is promised to go through the tribulation.   This is how.   If you recall the earlier lessons, the church of Thyatira was called the Medieval Church. Mystery, Babylon isn’t the beast, but she rides the beast.   There are ten clues in chapter 17 regarding her identity:   she’s a prostitute; she has universal influence all over the world; she is seated upon the beast; she is expensively adorned and outwardly attractive; she’s a utensil in God’s service but a counterfeit; she’s a mystery linked with the Babylon of Nimrod; she’s the mother of prostitutes who has spiritual offspring; she’s a persecutor of Christians...