Skip to main content

Homiletics 1 Kings 7-8


Content (not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture, fit on one line):

1.13y2bld Palace of Forest of Leb 100cu l,50w,30h,cedar; throne hall,hall justice(7:1-7)

2.he live frthr bk,similr dsgn,pal4Phar dtr married;md hi-grd stone;gr ctyd surr wall stone/ced(7:8-12)

3.Tyre brt Huram(m-Naph,f-Tyre)brz wk;pillrs@tmpl s-Jakin,n-Boaz;brz unwghd bec so many(7:13-47)

4.Sol md furn in tmpl;wk fin,brt things D dedicatd,plcd in treasuries of tmpl(7:48-51)

 

5.S summn Jerus eldrs2brg ark frm Zion;all Is cm2S@festivl-Ethanim(7th mo);eld arr,pr tk up ark(8:1-3)

6.they brt ark,tent mtg,sacrd furn,pr/Lev carry up;S/Is b4ark,sacrfc couldn’t be counted(8:4-5)

7.pr brt ark2MHP ben wings of cherubim;poles so long ends could b seen frm HP,but ot outside(8:6-8)

8.nothg in ark excpt2stn tab;pr w/drew,cloud filld tmpl;S:L said He dwll cloud,I blt plc U dwll4evr(8:9-13)

 

9.K bless Is;S:praise2L,fulfill prom2my fr;I sit throne,blt tmpl;L, god lk U,hvnx can’t contain U(8;14-27)

10.Gv attn2svt’s prayr;ur eyes open toward tmpl so U hear prayr svt/ppl;judge betw svts(8:28-32)

11.when ppl sinnd,4gv;teach rt way2lv;when prayr mad,hear,4gv,act so they fear U(8:33-40)

12.foreignrs will hear of Ur grt Name,cm,pray;hear,do whatevr asks of U so ppls of earth fear U(8:41-43)

13.when ppl go2war where U send them,pray;hear,uphold their cause(8:44-45)

14.when they sin&U gv them2enemies,if they repent,plead,turn2U;hear&4gv Ur ppl(8:46-51)

15.may Ur eyes be open2ur svts plea,listn2ur ppl whenevr they cry out2U;Ur inheritance(8:52-53)

16.S fin prayers,stood&blessd Is:Praise L,gvn rest2Is,not1wd faild of prom He gave thru Moses(8:54-56)

17.May L nvr lv/frsk us;may He turn hrts2Him;may wds I prayd b near L day&nite He uphld caus(8:57-59)

18.so ppls of earth know L is G;may ur so ppls of earth know L is G;may ur hrts obeys cmds(8:60-61)

19.K/Is offrd sacrfcs 22k cattle,120k sheep/goats;dedicatd tmpl;same day consecrtd middl ctyd(8:62-64)

20.S obsrvd festvl,celebrtd 14 days;follow day sent ppl away;went away glad4gd thngs L done(8:65-66)

 

Divisions (run-on sentence OK, direct verbiage from Scripture/Principles are Aims for each Division):

1.Solomon takes 13 years to build his palace. (7:1-51)

Principle:

2.Solomon brings the ark from Zion and the cloud fills the temple. (8:1-13)

Principle: God indwells when He is invited.

3.Solomon blesses Israel, praises the Lord, prays, sacrifices and celebrates. (8:14-66)

Principle:

 

Subject Sentence (10-word sentence with proper structure showing exactly where you are in Scripture):

Solomon builds his palace, brings the ark, praises and prays.

 

Aim (“To Cause My Audience To…” Know, See, etc.):

TCMATK God goes where He is welcome, so His people should invited Him into every aspect of their lives.

 

Application (not yes or no question.  Meant to bring about heart change):

1.How will you shift your perspective on what you are building for yourself to invite Jesus into the midst of it?

2.What areas of your thinking need to change for God to fill the center of your life?

3.What needs to change for the Lord to be the focus of your worship, prayer and celebration?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen