Skip to main content

Homiletics: John 7


Contents (not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture):  Where?                                                                Who?

1
1-2
After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near
2
3-5
J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe
3
6-8
J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm
4
9-10
He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret
5
11-12
@ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?  Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl
6
13-14
No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach
7
15-16
Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent
8
17-18
Who choose do will of G find if my tchg frm G; who seeks glory of who sent=man o truth
9
19-20
Hasn’t Mos givn law? Not 1 keep law, why u try kill me? Crowd: u possessed, who try kill u
10
21-23
J: I did 1 miracle, u amazed; u circumcz on Sabb; why angry w/me for healing whole body?
11
24-26
Judge correct; ppl: isn’t this man they try kill; he spk public/they say wd, concl He Mess?
12
27-28
We know where frm, Messiah no one know; J: u know me/where frm, He who sent me tru
13
29-32
I from Him; they try seize but hr not yet cm; many believed; Phar sent tmpl guard to arrest
14
33-36
J: I only w/u shrt tym; u’ll lk for me, where I am u cant cm; Jews: where? What He mean?
15
37-38
On last/>est day fest, J: anyone thirsty cm me & drink; whoevr bel rvr live wtr flo frm thm
16
39-40
He meantSpirit, not yet givn since J not glorified; some ppl: this man Prophet
17
41-42
Others: Messiah, others: how Mess cm frm Gal, doesnn;t Scr say cm frm David/Bethlehem
18
43-46
Ppl divid, sm want seize; tmpl gd to Phar/CP: why u not bring in? no one spoke as man do
19
47-49
Phar: He deceive u also? Have rulers/Phar believed? No! mob know nothing, curse on thm
20
50-53
Nic: does law condemn w/o hearing what doing? They: prophet not frm Gal; all went hm

 


Divisions (run-on sentence OK, direct verbiage from Scripture):

1
1-10
Jesus sends His brothers to the Festival of Tabernacles because His time hadn’t come.
Principle:
Every believer’s steps should be ordered according to God’s timetable.
2
11-36
Jesus teaches a mixed, whispering crowd in the temple courts halfway through the Festival of Tabernacles.
Principle:
Every believer’s ministry will have its supporters and its critics.
3
37-53
Jesus invites the thirsty to come on the last and greatest day of the Festival of Tabernacles and the people continue to divide over His message.
Principle:
Every believer who truly serves Christ will face great opposition.

 

Subject Sentence (10-word sentence with proper structure):

Amid challenges, hatred and whispering, Jesus’ Festival teaching amazes, divides.

 

Aim:

TCMATK Serving Christ brings great blessing and opposition and we must rely on Him to persevere.

 

Application:

1
What action are you taking to make sure you are operating in God’s timing?
2
How will you persevere to do God’s will in spite of criticism from others?
3
What will you do to maintain your thirst for Christ when life is difficult and how will you encourage other believers to seek Him to quench their thirst?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen