Skip to main content

A Love Like Ours by Becky Wade

A Love Like Ours 

by Becky Wade   

Contemporary Romance
Bethany House  

Becky Wade has written another heart warming love story in the third installment of the Porter Family series.*

Former Marine Jake Porter has far deeper scars than the one that marks his face. He struggles with symptoms of PTSD, lives a solitary life, and avoids relationships.
When Lyndie James, Jake's childhood best friend, lands back in Holley, Texas, Jake cautiously hires her to exercise his Thoroughbreds. Lyndie is tender-hearted, fiercely determined, and afraid of nothing, just like she was as a child. Jake pairs her with Silver Leaf, a horse full of promise but lacking in results, hoping she can solve the mystery of the stallion's reluctance to run.
Though Jake and Lyndie have grown into very different adults, the bond that existed during their childhood still ties them together. Against Jake's will, Lyndie's sparkling, optimistic personality begins to tear down the walls he's built around his heart. A glimmer of the hope he'd thought he'd lost returns, but fears and regrets still plague him. Will Jake ever be able to love Lyndie like she deserves, or is his heart too shattered to mend?

*While this is the third book in a series, it is written as a standalone.
Praise for Becky Wade
"I wasn't ready for this story to end, but when it did, I sighed the happy/longing sort of sigh that romance readers know so well . . ."
USA Today on Undeniably Yours
"They are a couple you'll be rooting for to have their Texas fairy-tale ending."
Romantic Times on Undeniably Yours

 Meet the Author
Becky Wade is a California native who attended Baylor University, met and married a Texan, and settled in Dallas.  She published historical romances for the general market before putting her career on hold for several years to care for her three children.  When God called her back to writing, Becky knew He meant for her to turn her attention to Christian fiction.  She loves writing funny, modern, and inspirational contemporary romance!  She's the Carol Award and Inspirational Reader's Choice Award winning author of My Stubborn Heart, Undeniably Yours, Meant to Be Mine, and A Love Like Ours.

Find Author online: website, Facebook, Twitter, Newsletter Sign-up  


Here's my review of this wonderful novel:


First, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to Becky Wade and her publisher for sending me a copy of "A Love Like Ours" to review for them. I am truly grateful for this generosity. I really appreciate the time, effort and expense it takes to make a reviewer copy available to me.

“A Love Like Ours” by Becky Wade is the third offering in the Porter Family Series.  Once again, Wade’s characters are thick and fleshy.  The focus on the horses in this book is quite a treat.  The topics of PTSD and Cerebral Palsy are handled gently and lovingly as they are woven through this beautiful love story.

Jake and Lyndie were inseparable as kids…until Lyndie’s parents moved the family to California.  Now they’re all grown up and Lyndie’s family has returned to Holley, Texas, but Jake and Lyndie have each lived through so much in their years apart.  Lyndie has developed her skills as a horsewoman and experienced lots of disappointment and Jake has been severely damaged in Iraq.  When they cross paths and Jake hires Lyndie to exercise his thoroughbreds, the attraction they had for each other when they were younger only seems to have grown stronger.

“A Love Like Ours” is a beautiful book.  It is full of tenderness and compassion.  I love how the story doesn’t completely let the reader down when things get rocky for the lovebirds (this is part of the contemporary Christian romance formula that I really dread when reading these books).  This is a great read!  I highly recommend it and look forward to reading more from Becky Wade.  She is one of those authors whose books automatically land on my keeper shelf.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen