Skip to main content

No One To Trust by Lynette Eason



Here's my review of this amazing suspense read:


First of all, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to Lynette Eason and her publisher for sending me a copy of "No One to Trust" to review for them. I am truly grateful for this generosity. I really appreciate the time, effort and expense it takes to make a reviewer copy available to me.
“No One to Trust” by Lynette Eason is another incredible, fast-paced suspense story.  This tribute to the Witness Protection Program follows the lives of Kyle and Summer.  The trial is right around the corner when the truth comes forcefully to the surface for this couple and threatens their loved ones and themselves.  On the run from the criminals he is planning to testify against, Kyle’s story reveals that the consequences of our actions before accepting Christ can come back to haunt us.  But it also shows that there is true forgiveness and deliverance in Christ for all of our sins in spite of the consequences.

I absolutely needed to read this book at this very moment.  The husband and wife struggles between Kyle and Summer helped me to realize that my own marital issues can be overcome with Jesus’ help.  I came away from this book with a desire to downsize much of my life so that I might invest in what’s truly important and be available for what Jesus has in store for my life on a moment’s notice.
Lynette Eason is a master suspense storyteller.  Her characters breathe and sweat.  Her plots and subplots are woven together with such skill that her story flows effortlessly without any disruption.  The settings, from city to suburbs to forest, are purposeful and add depth and dimension to the tale.

My only issue with the book is that I requested my reviewer copy for the Kindle, and the advanced reader copy had a repeated pattern of typographical errors throughout that would disrupt my concentration and thereby hamper my ability to “get into” the story.  Hopefully this error has been corrected in the final copy of the book for Kindle.  But even in spite of this issue with the Kindle version, this was an amazing read that I highly recommend in any format.  Not only was this an entertaining novel, but it taught me about the kind of person I want to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen