Sunday, July 03, 2011

Can We Talk – Homework Week #1, Day #1

This was a difficult day. It was a challenge to work through the 5 Ps. Thankfully, there was only the one set of scriptures to work through. I’ve already confessed that I have a tough time pulling the principles from scripture. Well, my “5 Ps” were pretty weak. “Positioning” worked out well. I went outside and enjoyed the sunshine and a cool breeze of God’s creation as those in my household began to wake up and begin their day. My problem started with “Pore and Paraphrase”. James 3:8-11, which was chosen to reveal the power of words in our personal lives, was tough to paraphrase because I saw these verses as pretty straight-forward. Since the Paraphrase was weak, the “Pull Out” was weak. “Pose” the question seemed to bring me back on track, though. I did ask myself a couple of pointed questions that brought into the light my recent behavior that was not glorifying God – especially since chemotherapy has been loosening my tongue a bit.

“Plan and Pin” prompted an immediate conversation with God asking Him to bring forth words of healing and encouragement from my mouth. I asked the Lord to get to the root of the problem with my mouth: my mind and heart. I prayed that He would change my heart and mind to better reflect His own and that those changes would have a profound effect on what comes forth from my tongue.

No comments: