Monday, December 21, 2009

December CSFF Tour: Digital Dragon Magazine





Digital Dragon Magazine

Several individuals have a hand in creating this website





Here is my review of this interesting website:

First of all, it's been a long time since I've read Dragon magazine. In fact, I'm not sure I ever read it. I was always too enthralled with Boris Vallejo's artwork to bother with the words. Besides, I was only making a less than half-hearted attempt to play Dungeons and Dragons, so it's not like I would have really benefitted from the information in the magazine. But those memories are what flooded my mind when I learned that this month's CSFF Tour stop would be "Digital Dragon", a monthly online magazine that made it's debut in July 2009.

This online sci-fi mag is a different story - several different stories, in fact. The site contains standalone stories, a book review, and a work of serial fiction. Back issues reveal epic poetry, editorial articles and credit for some nice cover art - perhaps one day, a budding Boris will appear? "Digital Dragon" promises to become a wonderful showcase for speculative fiction work. I doubt I'll be submitting anything, but I will definitely recommend it to anyone I meet who is interested in writing Christian Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

No comments: