Skip to main content

Miracle at the Higher Grounds Café by Max Lucado

Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe 
by Max Lucado       
Contemporary
Thomas Nelson 


Welcome to the Higher Grounds Café, a place where God speaks through the mundane and the miraculous.
Max Lucado has encouraged millions through relatable stories, showing that God is near and hears our prayers.  In his newest release, readers are invited through the doors of a very special San Antonio coffeehouse, where an angel might just be manning the espresso machine, and patrons are served answers from heaven alongside their coffee and dessert.
About the Book
What if you could ask God anything? What would you ask? And how would he answer?
Chelsea Chambers is on her own. After a public split from her NFL superstar husband, Chelsea takes a bold step out of the limelight and behind the counter of the Higher Grounds Café, an old-fashioned coffee shop in dire need of reinvention. But when her courage, expert planning, and out-of-this-world cupcakes fail to pay the bills, this newly single mom finds herself desperate for help. Better yet, a miracle.
Then a curious stranger lands at Chelsea's door, and with him, an even more curious string of events. Soon, customers are flocking to the Higher Grounds Café, and not just for the cupcakes and cappuccino. They've come for the internet connection to the divine. Now the café has become the go-to place for people in search of answers to life's biggest questions.
When a catastrophe strikes and her ex comes calling, Chelsea begins to wonder if the whole universe is conspiring against her quest to make it on her own. After a shocking discovery opens her eyes to the unseen world around her, Chelsea finds the courage to ask, and heaven answers in a most unexpected way.
Advance Praise
"Have you ever wished that you could sit down with God over a cup of coffee and ask any question that's on your heart? Well, patrons of the Higher Grounds Café have found just such a place, and lives are being changed. In this fantastic novel from America's pastor, Max Lucado, we're reminded that no matter how alone we might feel at times, heaven is all around and God is near."
---Sheila Walsh, author of Loved Back to Life
 

 Meet the Author
 
More than 120 million readers have found comfort in the writings of Max Lucado. He ministers at the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and a sweet but misbehaving mutt, Andy.


Find Max online
 
 
 
 
Here's my review of this amazing work of fiction:
 
 
First, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to Max Lucado and his publisher for sending me a copy of "Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe" to review for them. I am truly grateful for this generosity. I really appreciate the time, effort and expense it takes to make a reviewer copy available to me.

“Miracle at the Higher Grounds Café” by Max Lucado is a great story with several wonderful lessons.  A café owned and operated by three generations of women is at the center of the plot of this immensely enjoyable read.  Chelsea is picking up the pieces of her life after separating from her husband.  She takes on the café and begins to see miraculous happenings almost right away.

This is a beautiful story with likable characters and lots of life lessons about forgiveness, loss and servanthood.  I have already recommended this novel several times and will definitely buy several copies to give as gifts.  Max Lucado is a first-rate storyteller.  His fiction work touches my heart nearly as much as his non-fiction projects.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen