Skip to main content

Fire and Ice by Mary Connealy

Saddle up for mysteries and laughs with the Wilde sisters!
Bailey Wilde is the oldest sister--and the one who takes care of everyone else in her family. But after her sisters marry and move away, her little homestead becomes bleak and lonely, especially during the long winter months. In a moment of weakness, Bailey agrees to a wild plan concocted by her neighbor, Gage Coulter.

Gage is an honest man, but he didn't make his fortune by being weak. He won't break the law, but he'll push as hard as he can within it. Five thousand acres of excellent grazing land is lost to him because Bailey's homestead is located right across the entrance to a canyon full of lush grass. Gage has to regain access to this land--and he's got to go through Bailey to do it. So he makes a proposal...

Can these two independent, life-toughened homesteaders finally loosen up enough to earn each other's respect--and maybe find love in the process?

The Author

  1. Mary Connealy
    Photo courtesy of Ginger Murray Photography

    Mary Connealy

    Mary Connealy pens "romantic comedy with cowboys" and is known for her fun, zany, action-packed style. She has been a finalist for the RITA Award, Christy Award, and Inspirational Reader's Choice Award and is a two-time winner of the Carol Award....
    Continue reading about Mary Connealy


Here's my review of this third offering in the Wilde Sisters Series:


First, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to Mary Connealy and her publisher for sending me a copy of "Fire and Ice" to review for them. I am truly grateful for this generosity. I really appreciate the time, effort and expense it takes to make a reviewer copy available to me.
“Fire and Ice” by Mary Connealy didn’t grab me from the start like her novels usually do.  But once I got through the stage setting of the novel, it took off like a runaway train!  Connealy’s signature humor made this book an absolute joy, just like every other book of hers that I’ve read!  She is one of those authors whose books I will purchase – and recommend to others – without even knowing what it’s about!

This is the third installment in the Wilde Sisters Saga, but it reads perfectly well as a stand-alone story.  Bailey is the eldest of the three Wilde sisters who were treated like boys by their pa, who failed to see the value of a female child and misses his deceased son.  All three girls served in the military during the civil war, but Bailey saw the ugliest part of it and still bears the scars.  She is deeply in touch with her tougher, more masculine side, so it comes as a big surprise to her neighbor, Gage Coulter, that she is in fact, a woman.

This story is slathered in mystery as it becomes evident that Gage is the target of a killer.  It is also thick with humor and romance as an impromptu proposal turns into a hysterical living situation when Gage’s mother comes to visit.  The Lord is a big part of how these characters live, so God is mentioned often.  “Fire and Ice” is an entertaining, satisfying read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen