Monday, October 19, 2015
Video #6 taught me:
· The enemy is after my mind.
· Salvation is meant to be applied, not just received.
· Salvation is meant to implement a new way of thinking. It’s about my identity in Christ!
· We have the protection of salvation, now we need to use it.
· Being blessed is in our genetic code (Eph 1:3 says Your God is blessed! My Daddy’s blessed and so am I!).
· We cooperate in the sanctification process.
· We tear down strongholds with the Word of God!
This week’s book work taught me:
· The Lord restores me through the renewing of my mind through His Word as I respond to what He reveals by applying it to my life. This makes me look like Jesus and protects my mind (Rom 12:2).
· God has given me a lavish and substantial inheritance – my identity in Christ. There are many good lists of these truths. Here’s one: http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-our-identity-in-christ/
· The steadfast mind is peaceful because it trusts God (Isa 26:3-4).
· I am God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which He prepared in advance for me to do (Eph 2:10).
· The weapons of our warfare are not worldly, but are powerful through God for the demolition of strongholds. We demolish arguments and every high-minded thing that is raised up against the knowledge of God taking every thought captive to obey Christ (2 Cor 10:4-5).
· Do not be conformed to this age but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing and perfect will of God (Rom 12:2).
· Make a lifestyle out of taking thoughts captive: 1. Identify toxic thoughts, 2. Confess your part in building the stronghold, 3. Dismantle the stronghold by replacing the toxic thought with God’s Truth (https://www.blueletterbible.org/study/misc/putoffon.cfm).
· I need to remember who I am in Christ because the enemy wants me to forget so he can control me.
· Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth, for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God (Col 3:2-3)
This week’s bookwork included a fifth and final “Digging Deeper” article. Digging Deeper V is called “My Inheritance and Identity in Christ” and it is a wonderful list of Scriptures describing who I am in Christ and many of God’s promises to me as a Christian. I know I will refer back to this list over and over again when I become discouraged. Actually, I plan to proactively review this list daily so I don’t get discouraged.
Here’s the prayer strategy I’ve crafted as a result of what I learned:
Blessed Father, You are blessed and I am Your daughter, so being blessed is in my genetic code (Eph 1:3). You restore me through the renewing of my mind through Your Word as I respond to what You reveal by applying it to my life (Rom 12:2). You have given me a lavish, substantial inheritance – my identity in Christ. I pray that my mind would reflect on these truths and be steadfast, having peace because it trusts You (Isa 26:3-4). This is possible because I am Your workmanship and You created me to do good works that You prepared for me in advance (Eph 2:10). I repent of toxic thought patterns and confess to helping the enemy build strongholds in my life. Empower me to demolish those strongholds by teaching me to make a lifestyle of taking toxic thoughts captive and replacing them with Your truth, the weapon with which I demolish arguments (2 Cor 10:4-5). Transform me by renewing my mind so I may discern Your good, pleasing and perfect will (Rom 12:2). Set my mind on things above, not things on earth, for I’ve died and my life is hidden with Christ in God (Col 3:2-3). I’m sorry for the prideful arrogance I allowed to build a stronghold in my relationships with others. I am Your ambassador (2 Cor 5:20) and want to share Your love with those people. Thank You for healing those hurts and filling us with love for each other and making me blameless and beyond reproach (Col 1:22) before You.
Posted by Stacey at 12:00 AM