Skip to main content

Homiletics: Revelation 6


Contents (not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture):  Where?                                                                Who?

1
1
I watched as Lamb opend 1st/7 seals; I heard 1 of 4 living creatures: “Come!”
2
2
I looked, wt horse, rider held bow/was given crown/rode out as conqueror.
3
3
Lamb opend 2nd seal, I heard 2nd living creature: “Come!”
4
4
Anothr hrse–fiery red, rider givn pwr take pc frm earth/mk ppl kill ea othr;  givn lg sword.
5
5
Lamb opend 3rd seal, heard 3rd living creature: “come”, blk hrse, rider holding pr of scales.
6
6
Hrd voce amng 4 lvg crtrs: ”2# wheat/day wges, 6# brly/day wges, don’t damge oil/wine.
7
7
Lamb opend 4th seal, heard 4th living creature: “Come!”
8
8
Pale hrse, rdr=Death, Hades bhnd, they givn pwr ovr ¼ erth kill (sword,fmn,plgue,beasts).
9
9
He opend 5th seal, I saw under altar souls of slain bec of Word of G & testimony.
10
10
They called out loud voice: how long Sov L, holy & true, until you judge/avenge our blood?
11
11
They ea givn wt robe, told wait little longer until full # bros/sis killed as they’d been.
12
12
I watched, he opend 6th seal, grt earthquake, sun turned black, moon turned blood red.
13
13
Stars in sky fell to earth as figs drop from tree when shaken by strong wind.
14
14
Heavens receded like scroll being rolled up, every mtn/island removed from place.
15
15
Kings of erth,Princes,Gens,rich,mighty,evryone, slave/free hid in caves/amng rocks of mts.
16
16
They called to mts/rocks fall on us, hide us from Him Who sits on throne/wrath of Lamb.
17
17
For great day of their wrath has come & who can withstand it?

 


Divisions (run-on sentence OK, direct verbiage from Scripture):

1
1-8
The 1st Four Seals:  The Four Horses
Principle:
 
2
9-11
The 5th Seal:  The Souls of the Slain
Principle:
 
3
12-17
The 6th Seal:  The Day of the Lamb’s Wrath Has Come
Principle:
 

 

Subject Sentence (10-word sentence with proper structure):

John watches the Lamb open the first six seals.

 

Aim:

TCMATK Serious judgment and wrath are coming so we need to put our trust in the Lamb, now.

 

Application:

1
How does John’s vision of the four horses motivate you to seek the Lamb, now?  What habit will you begin this week to draw nearer to Him?
2
In what ways are you being impatient about Christ’s Second Coming?  What will you change to display your trust in Him and His perfect timing?
3
What do the final events leading to the great day of God’s wrath teach you about God?  How will you change your behavior in light of this revelation?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen