Skip to main content

Homiletics - John 3


Contents (not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture):  Where?                                                                Who?

1
1-2a
Phar, Nicodemus, mbr Jew rul couns, came 2 J nite: Rabbi we know u teacher frm G
2
2b-3
No once perf signs u do  if G not w/Him; J: no one see koG unless born again
3
4-
How be born again when old?  Cannot enter mother’s womb
4
5-6
J: no one enter koG unless born water/Spirit; flesh birth flesh, Spirit birth spirit
5
7-
U shouldn’t be surprised @ saying must be born again
6
8-9
wind blows, u hear, can’t tell where from/going, so is w/everyone born of Spirit; N: How?
7
10-11
J: U Israel’s teacher, u don’t understand?  We speak, ppl not accept testimony
8
12-
I spoke of earthy things, u not believe, how u believe if I speak of heavenly things?
9
13-15
No one  gone hvn except Son of Man; as Mos lifted snake, Son of M lifted so everyone believes have eternal life
10
16-17
G love wrld, gave only Son, who bel have etern life; G not send Son to condemn but save
11
18
Who bel not condemned, who not bel condemned already
12
19-20
Light cm into wrld, ppl lv dkness bec deeds evil; who does evil hate lt, fear deeds exposed
13
21-
Who live in truth cm into lt so seen what done in sight of G
14
22-24
After, J/disc to Judea ctryside, spent time/baptized; Jn baptizing @ Aenon (before prison)
15
25-26
Argumt betw Jn disc/certain Jew re: cerem washg; they to J: man u testify about baptize, everyone go to him
16
27-30
Jn: pers only rec what givn frm hvn; I not Messiah, full joy when hears bridegrm; He>, I<
17
31-32
One frm above=above all, one frm earth bel to earth; He testify, no one accept testimony
18
33-34
Who accept certify G is truthful; One G sent spks words of G, for G gives Spirit w/o limit
19
35-36
Fr lv Son, place everything in hands; who bel in Son has etern life, who rejects not see life

 


Divisions (run-on sentence OK, direct verbiage from Scripture):

1
1-21
You must be born again
Principle:
Believing in Jesus is the only way to be born of the Spirit and get to heaven.
2
22-36
Jesus is greater
Principle:
Like John’s, our ministries must point to Christ and glorify God.

 

Subject Sentence (10-word sentence with proper structure):

Jesus teaches Nicodemus about being born again then begins baptizing.

 

Aim:

TCMATK the only way to heaven is through belief in Jesus Christ.

 

Application:

1
What evidences have you seen in your life that you’re born of the Spirit?
How would you explain to a friend the importance of being born again?
2
In what way has Jesus become greater and you’ve become less in your area of ministry?
In what areas are you being challenged to become less and make Jesus greater?

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
what is the meaning of TCMATK?
Stacey said…
"To Cause My Audience To Know"

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen