Monday, December 28, 2015

My Identity in Christ #9 - I have Christ’s righteousness


Now that my Bible Study group has finished Priscilla Shirer’s Armor of God study, I need to keep moving in the right direction.  Continuing this series of blog posts taken from the list Priscilla included in her 6th week of Bible study regarding our identity and inheritance in Christ.  I pray these reflections will open your eyes to how much God loves you.  Read them as if you wrote them.  Meditate on them.  God bless you.
I have Christ’s righteousness

I am humbled and so grateful that I can approach my Heavenly Father and not be ashamed or concerned that He will reject me.  He looks me straight in my eyes and gives me His undivided attention even though my best deeds are like filthy rags to Him.  He welcomes me, a sinner, into His divine presence which cannot be in the presence of sin!  There is some supernatural stuff going on here.  It’s called “Christ has clothed me in His righteousness”.  Christ’s sinless virtue covers me because He died on the cross to save me and I have accepted His sacrificial gift and confessed that He is my Savior.  So when I approach my Heavenly Father, He doesn’t see my sin or my filthy rags.  He sees His perfect, precious Son!  And that’s how He looks at me…lovingly, longingly, not with the judgment or disgust that I actually deserve.

Romans 5:19 says Christ’s obedience is what makes men righteous.  We are taught in 2 Corinthians 5:21 that the sinless Son of God became sin for us so we might become the righteousness of God.  Those powerful verses tell me that I am valuable to God.  Not only has He given me a wonderful gift that has elevated my status…He willingly paid the ultimate price of dying a painful and humiliating death on the cross while I was still a sinner with filthy rags.

He loves you that way, too.  Have you accepted His free gift of salvation by confessing Him as your personal Savior?  If not, don’t wait another minute.  Do it, now.  Call a Christian friend to help you or use my prompts in the left pane of this blog page.  Then let a trusted Christian friend or Pastor know about the decision you’ve made so they can help you navigate the road ahead.

No comments: