Monday, September 09, 2013

Wounded Women of the Bible by Dena Dyer and Tina Samples

Here's my review of this hopeful read:
First of all, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to Dena Dyer and Tina Samples and their publisher for sending me a copy of "Wounded Women of the Bible" to review for them. I am truly grateful for this generosity. I really appreciate the time, effort and expense it takes to make a reviewer copy available to me.
“Wounded Women of the Bible:  Finding Hope When Life Hurts” by Dena Dyer and Tina Samples is a powerful read.  I’m sorry to say that this book found me at the perfect time – when my life was thrust into a tumultuous season.  But I’m glad I had this book to remind me of the Biblical stories of Two Women in Solomon’s Court, Abigail, Dinah, Ruth, Hagar, Jochebed, Mary and Martha and many more.  The authors point the reader toward hope, Scripture and the Lord, and that is exactly what a person needs when they’re experiencing rough times.
This book reminded me that I am not alone.  I am grateful to have this book as a resource I can look back on when I need it or when I know someone else who does.




1 comment:

Dena Dyer said...

Thanks for taking time to read and review our book. I'm so sorry you've been through hardship, but thankful to our God, whose timing is perfect. I'm also grateful that the book encouraged you. Thanks again!