Monday, September 16, 2013

Dangerous Passage by Lisa Harris



Here is my review of this solid murder mystery:


First of all, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to Lisa Harris and her publisher for sending me a copy of "Dangerous Passage" to review for them. I am truly grateful for this generosity. I really appreciate the time, effort and expense it takes to make a reviewer copy available to me.

Dangerous Passage is the freshman novel in the Lisa Harris’ new Southern Crimes series.  This book is a solid murder mystery peppered with clues for the armchair sleuth.  Human trafficking is at the heart of the frightening plot where each new revelation exposes greater danger and seedier characters.  This story will get your blood boiling to join the fight against injustice just like the leading lady, Avery North, an Atlanta homicide detective who is investigating a series of murders alongside her medical examiner beau, Jackson Bryant.

I am a huge romantic suspense fan, and I adore books that drop clues and let me figure out the whodunit.  This book didn’t grip me initially, but I kept reading because I had to submit a book review.  I’m glad I kept reading.  I grew to like the characters and their relationships with each other.  However, I usually prefer to experience the “meet-cute” of the love interests, but the relationship between Joshua and Avery is already established when you start reading.  The plot is suspenseful and strong, easily my favorite part of the book.  If you have a preference for the suspense over the romance, this is a read I would recommend.


1 comment:

Shannon Baker said...

This article is mind blowing. When I read this article, I enjoyed.

book publicity