Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Crown Financial Bible Study – Week Six – Giving


What I learned from the homework – Tithing and giving to the poor are two separate things.  I didn’t have this wisdom previously, but I have been practicing the principles for years.  My husband and I give tithes and offerings regularly to our church and we have been sponsoring children through a Christian charity.  I pray that you will consider doing something similar if you aren’t already.

What I learned from our class discussion – This was the week that I volunteered to lead the group.  I really like that part of the Crown Financial Study that helps to identify future group leaders.  The group gets to experience a variety of leadership styles and the students may consider a ministry that they never thought about before.

Memorizing Scripture – Acts 20:35 reminds us that Jesus said it is better to give than to receive.  Isn’t that the truth?  Even as a child, when I was old enough to have a “Christmas Club” Account at the bank (remember those?) and select and purchase gifts for family members, I was at least equally excited to see the reaction of the recipients of my gifts as I was to open what was given to me.  What a wonderful way to teach this principle to a child!

No comments: