Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crown Financial Bible Study – Week Three – Debt


What I learned from the homework – Debt is slavery.  I am not promised tomorrow, so I shouldn’t manage God’s resources as if I am.

What I learned from our class discussion – As His child, God wants me to be out of debt so that I may live gloriously for Him.  I don’t know if He will help me to achieve this lifestyle right away like He multiplied the oil for the widow or if the change will happen more gradually, but I know it will happen.  Hallelujah!

I can sell what I’m not using!  Oh, my!  We tend to overlook the obvious, don’t we?  I want to get started on this idea right away.

Changes I have made/need to make – I need to quit procrastinating and cancel the credit card that my husband and I agreed to get rid of.  I need to keep meditating on 1 Chronicles 29:11-12 and reminding myself that everything I have – including what I’m buying now – belongs to God.  I am continuing to be careful about the use of possessive pronouns like “my”.  And I’m praying that God will continue to make me aware of His ownership.

Memorizing Scripture – Proverbs 22:7 has brought me to the point where I don’t want to be a servant to a lender.  If I’m serving a lender, how can I serve the Lord?  I think this is at least part of what the Scriptures mean when it talks about not being able to serve both God and money.

No comments: