Saturday, February 18, 2017

Homiletics: John 12


Contents (not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture, fit on one line):

1
1-3
6d b4 Pass J2Beth dinr Marth servd, Laz@tbl; Mary $$$$ perf J ft, wipe w/hair, hs filld frag
2
4-6
Judas, l8r betray obj: why wasn’t perf sold, wrth 1y wages, didn’t care abt poor, thief
3
7-9
Lv alone, she sv perf 4my burial, u alwys hv poor; MW lg crwd came bec of J & 2C Laz
4
10-13
CP md plans kill Laz-on acct o hm mny bel; Nxt dy grt crwd: Hos! Blest=He cm in nom o L
5
14-16
J fnd dnky, sat, as writn: Dtr Zion, c ur king cming seatd on dnky colt; @ 1st Disc undrstd
6
17-19
crwd w/Him whn Laz raisd spread wd; Mny went 2 Him; Phar: lk how wrld gone aftr Him
7
20-23
Som Gks to Phil: we like 2CJ; Phil 2 Andrw, Phil&Andrw told J: hr cm 4 SoM be glrfd
8
24
VTITY unless kernl wht dies, remains sngl seed; if dies, prod mny seeds
9
25-26
NE1Ylife, lose; any1 h8 life n wrld keep 4 EL;who srv me fllw me, whr I am srvt be, Fr hon
10
27-28
My soul trbld,I say-Fr save me? N, 4 this hr I cm;Fr glrfy ur nom,Voce fr Hvn: I hv & will agn
11
29-30
Crwd hrd/said thndrd othr said angel spkn Hm;J:voce 4 ur benft now time 4 jdgmt on wrld
12
31-33
Prince o wrld drivn out; I draw all ppl 2 myself; He said 2 show death He die
13
34-
crwd:we hrd Mess remain 4evr how u say SoM lifted? Who is SoM?
14
35-36
U hv lt lil longr, wlk while u hv lt b4 dknss ovrtk u, bel in lt while u hv so u becm chldrn of lt
15
37-38
After J perf mny sgns, they bel to fulfill Isa:L who bel msgs?2 whom arm of L revealed?
16
39-41
He blindd eyes, hdnd Ys so neithr see/undstd/turn &I heal; Isa saw J glry, spok abt Hm
17
42-43
Mny ldrs bel, bec o Phar,openly ackn faith-fear put out syngg, lv hum prs mo thn prs frm G
18
44-45
J cried: whovr bel in me bel in 1 who sent me, 1 who lk @ me seeing 1 who sent me
19
46-47
I cm to wrld as lt so no1 stay dknss; any1 hears my wds but kp I jdge, I cm 2jdge but 2 save
20
48-50
Thr is jdge 4 1 who rejects me, my wds condmn last dy, Fr cmd all I spkn; His cmd lead 2 EL

 


Divisions (run-on sentence OK, direct verbiage from Scripture):

1
1-11
Before Passover, Mary pours perfume on Jesus’ feet and Judas objects
Principle:
Jesus deserves our most costly offerings.
2
12-36
Jesus enters Jerusalem on a donkey saying the hour has come for the Son to be glorified
Principle:
Jesus’ life is marked with perfect obedience to the Father’s will and timing.
3
37-50
Jesus performed many signs and people still don’t believe but will be judged at the last day
Principle:
Jesus performed signs that people may believe and have life in His name.

 

Subject Sentence (10-word sentence with proper structure showing exactly where you are in Scripture):

Before Passover glorification, perfumed Jesus enters Jerusalem on a donkey.

 

Aim (“To Cause My Audience To…” Know, See, etc.):

TCMATK A believer’s response to encountering Jesus is following Him in costly obedience.

 

Application (not yes or no question.  Meant to bring about life change):

1
What offerings are you presenting to Christ and what are those offerings costing you?
2
Where are you struggling in obedience to God’s will and timing and what will you do to come into alignment with Him?
3
How have you responded to the signs Jesus has performed?

 

No comments: