Saturday, January 07, 2017

Homiletics: John 6:41-71


Contents (not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture):  Where?                                                                Who?

1
41-42
Jews grumble bec he said I bread from hvn; Is not J, son of Jos, how he say I came frm hvn
2
43-44
Stop grumbling; no one come to me unless Fr draws them & I raise them at last day
3
45
Written in Prophets: they all taught by G; everyone who heard Fr & learned comes to me
4
46-48
No one seen Fr except one from G; VT, one who believes has etern life; I bread of life
5
49-50
Ur ancestors ate manna yet died; here is bread frm hvn which anyone eat and not die
6
51
I living bread frm hvn; whoevr eats live forever; this bread=my flesh I give for life of world
7
52
Jews argue sharply among selves: how man give us his flesh to eat?
8
53
J: VT unless u eat flesh of Son & drink his blood, you have no life
9
54
Who eat my flesh/drink my blood has etern life, I raise him last day
10
55-56
My flesh=real food, blood=real drink; who eats flesh drinks blood in me & I in them
11
57
Just as Fr sent me & I live bec of Fr, so one who feeds on me will live bec of me
12
58
This bread frm hvn; ur ancestors ate manna/died, whoever feed on this bread live forever
13
59-60
He said this in synagogue in Capernaum; disciples: this hard teaching, who can accept
14
61-62
Aware disciples grumblng, J: does this offend you? What if u see Son ascend where was b4
15
63
Spirit gives life, flesh counts 4 nothing; wds I spoke to u full of Spirit & life
16
64
Yet some not believe; J know frm beg which not believe & who betray him
17
65-66
This why I told u no one come to me unless Fr enabled; many no longer followed him
18
67-68
U want leave too, J asked the 12, Peter ans: to whom we go? U have wds of etern life
19
69-70
We come to believe/know U are Holy One of G; J: have I not chosen u 12, yet 1=devil
20
71
(He meant Judas, son of Simon Iscariot, 1 of 12, later to betray him)

 


Divisions (run-on sentence OK, direct verbiage from Scripture):

1
41-59
Jesus answers the Jews’ grumbling and arguments at the synagogue in Capernaum
Principle:
Our denial and grumbling does not change the truth of Who Jesus is.
2
60-71
Jesus answers the disciples’ grumbling
Principle:
Jesus gently answers the doubts of His people to bring us to a deeper place of relationship with Him.

 

Subject Sentence (10-word sentence with proper structure):

Jesus answers Jews’ (people’s) grumblings about eating flesh and drinking blood.

 

Aim:

TCMATK Jesus Christ can use our grumbling to deepen our relationship with God.

 

Application:

1
How does eating the flesh and drinking the blood of the Son of Man give you life?
2
What are you doing to help Christ protect you from temptation to stop following Him when His teaching is difficult?

 

No comments: