Saturday, December 31, 2016

Homiletics: John 6:22-40


Contents (not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture):  Where?                                                                Who?

1
22
Next day crowd on opp shore realized disciples gone away alone.
2
23
Boats from Tiberias landed where ppl had eaten bread.
3
24
Once crowd realized neither J nor disc there, they went Capernaum in search of J.
4
25
When they found Him: Rabbi, when you get here?
5
26
J: VT I tell you looking for me not bec u saw signs, but bec u ate loaves/had fill.
6
27
Don’t wk 4 food that spoils, but endures to etern life which SoM give; on Him Fr approval
7
28
They: what must we do to do works G requires?
8
29
J: wk of G is to believe One He sent.
9
30
They: what sign u give that we see/believe you; what will you do?
10
31
Our ancestors ate manna wilderness as written: He gave bread from heaven to eat.
11
32
J: VT I tell u not Moses givn you bread frm hvn but my Fr in heavn give true bread frm hvn
12
33
For bread of G is bread comes dn frm hvn and gives life to world.
13
34
They: sir, always give us this bread.
14
35
J declare: I bread of life; whoever comes me nvr hungry, whoever believes nvr thirsty
15
36
But as I told you, you seen me and still do not believe.
16
37
All those Fr gives me will come to me, whoever comes I never drive away.
17
38
For I come dn frm hvn not to do my will but will of him who sent me.
18
39
This is will of him who sent me that I lose none of those givn me but raise them at last day
19
40
My Fr will= everyone who looks on Son/believes have etern life & I raise them at last day

 


Divisions (run-on sentence OK, direct verbiage from Scripture):

1
22-27
Jesus tells the crowd not to work for food that spoils
Principle:
The believer’s work on earth should focus on eternal endeavors.
2
28-35
Jesus identifies the work of God and the Bread of Heaven
Principle:
The believer’s sustenance should come from Christ and doing God’s work.
3
36-40
Jesus will raise believers at the last day
Principle:
The believer’s assurance of salvation should lead to an eternal perspective.

 

Subject Sentence (10-word sentence with proper structure):

Jesus, the eternal bread of heaven, will raise believers.

 

Aim:

TCMATK Seeking sustenance from the bread of heaven and pursuing the work of God leads to an eternal perspective and rewards.

 

Application:

1
How will you specifically channel your efforts toward eternal pursuits rather than temporal ones?
2
What activities will you engage in to participate in the work of God and receive the sustenance of the bread of heaven?
3
What will you do to lead others to the assurance that they will be raised by Jesus on the last day?

 

No comments: