Saturday, December 17, 2016

Homiletics: John 5


Contents (not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture):  Where?                                                                Who?

1
1-4
L8r, J to Jer 4 Jew fest; nr Sheep Gate blind-lame-para (wait 4 stir h2o, 1st in pool cured)
2
5-8
1 invalid 38y; J-u want get well? I-Sir, no 1 hlp me in pl when stird; J-get up, PU mat, walk
3
9-10
@once curd, PU mat/walked, Sabb; Jew ldrs-law frbd u carry mat
4
11-13
I-man made me well said PU mat & walk; JL- who? Man had no idea, J slipd into crowd
5
14-16
l8r J fnd I @ tmpl: stop sinng; Man told JL J made well; bec J do on Sabb, JL begn perse
6
17-18
in def J-my Fr alwys wk, I 2 wkg; 4 this they try kill- brkg Sabb, callg G His Fr, mkg Him=w/G
7
19-20
J: VT Son do only what sees Fr do;  Fr Y Son, show all He do/will show >wks so u amazd
8
21-22
as Fr raise ded/give life, Son give life; Fr judg no one, entrust judgmt to Son
9
23-
that all hon Son, whoevr not hon Son not hon Fr
10
24-
VT whoevr hear my wd/bel Him who sent me hv eter life, not judged, cross frm deth 2 life
11
25-26
VT time cming/has cm dead hear voice of Son & live; as Fr have life, He grant Son have life
12
27-29
He giv auth jdg Son; tm all in grave hr voce Cm out, thos done gd rise 2 life, evil rise cndmd
13
30-
By self I do nothing, I jdg as I hear, my judgmt just, I seek not pls self but Him sent me
14
31-33
Is I testify about self, not true; another testifies my fvr, his testimony true; Jn testifd truth
15
34-35
Not that I accept hum testimony, I mention that u b saved: Jn=lamp, u chose enjoy lt
16
36-37
I’ve tstmny wtier than Jn, wks I do tstfy Fr sent me: Fr tstfy conc me, u nv hrd/seen Him
17
38-40
Nor His wd in u 4 u not bel One He sent; u stdy Scr that tstfy re Me yet ref to cm to me/life
18
41-43
I not acc glory frm hum being; u not have YoG in hearts; I cm in Fr name, u not accept me
19
44-45
How u bel snc u acc glry frm 1 anoth, not seek glry frm G; not I accus b4 Fr, ur accusr Mos
20
46-47
If u bel Mos u bel me 4 he wrote about me; since u not bel he wrote, how u bel what I say

 


Divisions (run-on sentence OK, direct verbiage from Scripture):

1
5:1-16
Jesus heals a disabled man on the Sabbath leading the Jewish leaders to persecute Him.
Principle:
Godly activity is condemned by an evil world.
2
5:17-30
Jesus is always working like His Father, Who has entrusted all judgment to the Son.
Principle:
Godly judgment is coming to condemn evil in the world.
3
5:31-47
Jesus tells the Jewish leaders the truth of John’s testimony, His Father’s testimony and Moses’ testimony about Himself.
Principle:
Godly testimony bears witness to an evil world.

 

Subject Sentence (10-word sentence with proper structure):

Sabbath healing leads to Jesus teaching on judgment and testimony.

 

Aim:

TCMAT Seek opportunities to testify about Christ and exhibit godly behavior leading to salvation of the lost and encouragement for believers.

 

Application:

1
When have you, like Jesus, been persecuted for your godly activity?
2
What actions are you taking to help the lost in this fallen world find salvation through Christ before the judgment comes?
3
What is your personal testimony about Jesus?

 

No comments: