Tuesday, July 05, 2016

“Dwelling Places: Words to Live in Every Season” by Lucinda Secrest McDowell


First, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to Lucinda Seacrest McDowell and her publisher for sending me a copy of "Dwelling Places: Words to Live in Every Season" to review for them. I am truly grateful for this generosity. I really appreciate the time, effort and expense it takes to make a reviewer copy available to me.
“Dwelling Places: Words to Live in Every Season” by Lucinda Secrest McDowell is a beautiful devotional book that is divided by seasons:  Dwell (fall), Shine (advent - winter), Renew (lent - spring) and Grow (summer).  For the purposes of this review, I was asked to read the summer devotions.

First, let me say this book only has 30-40 devotions for each season.  Even though there aren’t enough entries for every day of the year, the writing is thought-provoking and potentially life changing.  This is a lovely devotional that would be a very nice gift for yourself or someone else.

No comments: