Monday, February 06, 2012

LESSON FIVE: “1 Peter: Finding Encouragement in Troubling Times – A Sue Edwards Inductive Bible Study”


Lesson 5 of “1 Peter: Finding Encouragement in Troubling Times – A Sue Edwards Inductive Bible Study” made me take a deeper look at submitting to authority, marriage and relationships in general. I’ve looked at the saga of Abram and Sarai several times. But I believe this is the first time I haven’t judged them for their actions or lack thereof, but instead examined their motivations as human beings.

This new outlook has brought me through a season of soul-searching to a place of humility. I should not feel superior to people who behave like human beings! I may not have the same temptations they do, but I do have my own areas of weakness. And instead of looking down my nose at someone else’s bad behavior, maybe I should use my strength in those areas to encourage them out of their disobedience rather than getting in their face and making them feel judged. Maybe I should be praying for their success rather than privately gloating over their failure because it makes me feel better about myself.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Agreed! Sometimes we just need to remind ourselves, we are all humans, we are all sinful and we all make mistakes and its ok we just need to learn to support and bring up one another rather than beat each other down.