Skip to main content

Homiletics: Romans 9:1-29


Content (not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture, fit on one line):

1.I spk truth in C-I’m lying; conscience testifying2me w/HS-I have intense sorrow/anguish in heart(1-2)

2.4I could almost wish2b cursed/cut off from Messiah4benefit of my bros,my own flesh&blood(3)

3.They’re Israelites&2them belong the adoption/glry/covnts/giving of Law/temple svc/promises(4)

4.The ancestrs are theirs&from them,by phys descent,came Mess Who is G over all,praisd4evr.Amen(5)

5.But it as tho word of G failed,4 all who descended from Israel are Israel(6)

6.neither r they all children bec they Abe’s descendants;au contraire ur offspr will b traced thru Isaac(7)

7.it children of phys descent who r Gs but children of promise;stmt of promise:Sarah will hv son(8-9)

8.also Rebekah rec’d promise when she bec preg by Isaac(10)

9.4tho her sons born yet or done good or bad so Gs purpose according2election stand(11)

10.frm works but frm One Who calls-she told:older will srv youngr;as writn:I lvd Jacob, h8d Esau(12-13)

11.What shld we say?Is thr injustc w/G?Abs not!He tell Moses:I sho mercy/compass2whom I will (14-15)

12.so depend on human will/effort but G Who shows mercy(16)

13.4Scr tells Pharoah:Iraised u so I may display my pwr/my name proclaimd in all earth(17)

14.He sho mercy/hardens those He wants; u2me:why He still find fault?Who can resist His will?(18-19)

15.Who r u2talk back2G?Will what formed say”y u make me like this?”(20)

16.has pottr rt2mk1 4honr&1 4dishonr?What if G endur w/patnc obj o wrath ready4destructn?(21-22)

17.What if He did this2mk known riches o His glry2obj o mercy He prepd4glry frm Jews & Gents?(23-24)

18.He in Hosea:I’ll call my ppl, my ppl/unlvd-belvd&in plc they told u my ppl,calld sons of living G(25-26)

19.Isa concrng Is:tho#Is sons like sand,only remnant saved;L execute completely/decisively(27-28)

20.if L left us offspr, we become like Sodom/Gomorrah(29)

 

Divisions (run-on sentence OK, direct verbiage from Scripture/Principles are Aims for each Division):

1.Paul’s Sorrow and Anguish Over Israel(1-5)

Principle: God brought salvation of mankind through the Jews.

2.God’s Election of Israel(6-13)

Principle: God’s will is forecast (revealed) in His promises.

3.God’s Just Election of Jews and Gentiles(14-29)

Principle: God has a plan and a purpose for every life.

 

Subject Sentence (10-word sentence with proper structure showing exactly where you are in Scripture):

Paul writes Romans about his anguish and God’s just election.

 

Aim (“To Cause My Audience To…” Know, See, etc.):

TCMATK God’s children aren’t limited to the descendants of Abraham.

 

Application (not yes or no question.  Meant to bring about heart change):

1.How does your sorrow over non-believers missing out on eternity with Christ change your attitude about sharing Christ with those who don’t know Him?

2.What do God’s promises and their fulfillment in these verses teach you about “election” and how does this affect how you witness to others?

3.What does God’s inclusion of Gentiles in His family tell you about His salvation plan for mankind and who might you include in your evangelism that you hadn’t previously considered worthy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homiletics Training: Content

Homiletics .   By definition, “homiletic” is the art of preaching or writing sermons.   I think we would all agree that our pastors study the Bible thoroughly to deliver sermons every Sunday to their congregations.   The beautiful news is that every child of God can use this discipline to study the Bible for themselves. As a member of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Leadership, part of my required preparation each week is to prepare homiletics for the passage we are studying.   BSF offers an engaging seminar on how to use this method to study the Scriptures.   I’ve taken the seminar several times under two different leaders and I’ve learned something new every time I’ve attended.   I’ve also been doing the process of homiletics for over ten years and I can say that there is no better teacher than the Holy Spirit in this process!   So keep practicing.   Keep sharing and discussing.   I’ve been posting my homiletics on this blog for quite a while, now.   And I would like to share wit

Homiletics: John 7

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ):   Where?                                                                 Who? 1 1-2 After, J went Gal, not Judea bec Jew ldrs look to kill; Jew fest of tabernacles near 2 3-5 J bros: go Judea so disc see works, show self to world; bros not believe 3 6-8 J: my time not here; world h8 me bec I testify works evil; you go festival, my time not cm 4 9-10 He stay Gal; bros left for fest, He went in secret 5 11-12 @ fest, Jew ldrs watch 4 J: where He?   Widespr whisp: He good man/He deceives ppl 6 13-14 No one say publicly for fear of ldrs; not till ½ way thru fest did J beg to teach 7 15-16 Jews amazed: how man get learning w/o been taught; J: my teaching cm frm who sent 8 17-18 Who choose do will of G find

Homiletics: John 10

Contents ( not sentence, direct verbiage from Scripture ): 1 1-2 VT ITY Phar, any1 enter shp pn by gate=thief/robbr; 1 enters by gate=shepherd 2 3-4 Gatekpr opns gate 4 hm/shp listn/he calls shp by name/leads out/shp follo bec kno voce 3 5-6 They nvr follo stranger, run away bec recog voce; J used fig o spch, Phar understd 4 7-8 Thrfr J: VT ITY I gate 4 shp; all who cm b4 me=thievs/robbrs, shp listn them 5 9-10a I gate, whoevr entr thru me savd/they cm/go/find pasture; thief cm only steal/kill/destry 6 10b-12 I gd shepd, lay dn life 4 shp; Hird hd shepd/own shp, see wolf/abandn shp/wlf attck/scattr 7 13-15a Man run bec care nthg 4 sheep; I gd shep; kno sheep/sheep kno me as Fr kno me/I kno Fr 8 15b-16 I lay dn life 4 sheep; have othr sheep of this pen